Signs You Need Furnace Repair in Summerfield, NC
Nothing is more annoying than having your oil or gas furnace go out in the middle of freezing winter months. Summerfield winters can get colder than most areas in North Carolina, with temperatures sometimes dropping below 17 degrees Fahrenheit.
As the leading furnace repair and maintenance service in the Piedmont Triad, our technicians at Master Plumbers Heating & Cooling provide fast and reliable emergency furnace repair when you need it most.
Here are a few signs you might need to contact a furnace contractor for an inspection:
- Poor energy handling, which leads to massive unexplained spikes in your monthly utility bills
- Strange smells coming from your boiler room, which might indicate gas leakage if you are using a propane furnace
- The date of your previous furnace tune-up exceeds the recommended maintenance interval in your manual
- The pilot light has gone yellow or showing signs of discoloration, which indicates problems with the ignition mechanism
- You are frequently finding dust and soot in your HVAC vents
According to Angi and HomeAdvisor, about 75% of furnace service calls come from a lack of maintenance, and we see many puzzled customers wondering why their furnace broke down when it “worked just fine” last year. Fortunately, we also offer comprehensive maintenance services!
Common Furnace Repair Situations in Guilford County
Research from Bob Vila reveals that the average lifespan of residential furnaces is 15 to 30 years. Electric furnaces last the longest as they do not have manual ignition mechanisms, sometimes living up to 40 years. Most furnace problems arise from installation problems, poor ventilation, and the wear and tear of parts from frequent usage.
Here are some of the most common problems we fix for Guilford County residents and business owners:
- Clogged and dirty air filters that result in insufficient airflow, pollutant and allergen circulation, and uneven heating
- Gas leaks from busted pipes and vents, which are commonplace in mobile homes and RVs with propane fixtures
- Pilot control, electric ignition, and other thermocouple issues from clogs, drafts, and burnt-out ignition devices
- Malfunctioning thermostats that display inaccurate temperature readings
- Furnaces that cycle between on and off modes too frequently
- Rattling, squeaking, and rumbling noises coming from a boiler, indicating a mechanical problem
What to Expect from a Furnace Repair and Maintenance Visit in Greensboro
At Master Plumbers Heating & Cooling, we take pride in providing excellent customer service to all types of clients. Whether you manage a 50-story office building or live in a studio apartment, our technicians will treat you with the same respect and priority.
Our customer journey starts with you calling our 24/7 client services hotline. If you need emergency services, our technicians will come over immediately for an inspection. Otherwise, we can schedule your visit at a date when you are available.
We will show up at your residence or place of business at the agreed-upon time and inspect your heat pump or furnace for damage. If a furnace replacement is the best solution, our technicians can recommend some trusted manufacturers offering energy-efficient products. We will quote you a price with no hidden charges.
After you give us the green light, we will commence furnace repair and maintenance and complete it within the agreed-upon timeframe. We will perform a final inspection and remind you of our labor and manufacturer warranties so that you know what to do if your unit starts showing problems, which rarely happens.
We are also skilled in air conditioner repair and maintenance.