Consider the Importance of Air Duct Cleaning
With all the cleaning and home maintenance tasks for spring cleaning, it might be easy to think of the AC system as something that needs to be taken care of. After all, it gets a lot of mileage during the summer, so it makes sense to get it maintained before its busiest season.
But the air ducts don’t always get as much attention, even though the ductwork must also be clean to get clean air. This blog will share the benefits of duct cleaning, signs it’s needed, and tips to keep the air ducts clean between professional cleanings.
Benefits of Air Duct Cleaning
Air duct cleaning has several benefits, including:
- Improved indoor air quality: Some dirt, dust, and other airborne contaminants that don’t get trapped by air filters (especially if the filter is already dirty and needs replacing) can make their way into the ducts and settle there. If left uncleaned, these particles, allergens, and other airborne contaminants can circulate within the home and affect the health of residents.
- Improved energy efficiency and lower energy costs: Duct cleaning can improve airflow and catch small air leaks, improving the HVAC system’s energy efficiency. A more energy-efficient heating and cooling system uses less energy and thus reduces a household’s energy bills.
Signs of Dirty Air Ducts
It’s important to be able to recognize signs indicating the air ducts are dirty and need cleaning. If homeowners notice any of the following symptoms, it could mean that their air ducts need a thorough duct cleaning:
- Musty odors coming from the vents
- Mold or mildew growth around the vents
- Increase in symptoms of allergies, asthma, and respiratory problems
- Excessive dust on furniture and surfaces
- Vents dirty or clogged with dust, debris, or pet hair
Keep Your Air Ducts Clean Between Professional Cleanings
Air ducts aren’t easy to get to, and most of the time, homeowners need to call professionals to thoroughly clean hard-to-reach areas in the ductwork. But once those air ducts have been cleaned, homeowners will benefit from keeping them clean. Simple tasks like cleaning the house regularly by dusting, mopping, and vacuuming to keep dust levels low are essential.
Homeowners should also routinely replace their HVAC system’s air filters to trap and collect airborne particles before they can enter the air ducts. Professionals typically recommend that homeowners clean or change their air filters at least once every three months. Regular air filter replacements and keeping the home clean can help the air ducts stay clean for as long as possible after a professional air duct cleaning.
About Master Plumbers Heating & Cooling
Master Plumbers Heating & Cooling is a family owned business serving Greensboro and the surrounding areas since 1999. They provide straightforward pricing, arrival promptly, and membership plans. Call them today for air duct cleaning services in Greensboro, NC.
Distribution Links +